In preparation for an upcoming Stamp Camp, I have been in search of CD Jewel Cases and thought I found some on Craigslist, however, the bulk of them turned out to be slim line cases and I needed the regular size. So, I was left with the dilemna of what to do with more than 40 slim line CD cases. Here is what I came up with- a picture frame.
For this project, you will need:
- 1 Slim Line CD Case
- So Saffron Card Stock, 4 3/4 x 4 7/8 inches
- Whisper White Card Stock, 3 1/8 x 3 3/4 inches
- Certainly Celery Scrap
- 3/4 inch Circle Punch
- Petal Party Simply Scrappin Kit Adhesive Die Cuts
- Cheep Talk Stamp Set
- Old Olive 1/4″ Grosgrain Ribbon
- Only Orange Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Sweet Pea Stitched Felt Embellishments (Available beginning January 5th)
Prior to starting this project, check to be sure your card stock will fit into your frame. You may have to trim down just a bit depending on the size of your CD case.
1. Punch two holes in the “CD” side of your case using your Crop-A-Dile. Thread your ribbon through the holes and then tie it off at the top.
2. Use the heart from Cheep Talk to stamp three hearts using Only Orange Classic Stampin’ Pad. Punch out each heart using the 3/4″ circle punch.
3. Adhere the orange polka dot border from the Petal Party Simply Scrappin Kit along the long edge of the So Saffron card stock, approximately 1/2″ from the edge.
4. Adhere the Whisper White card stock to your page, this will be the mat for your photo. I will be adding a photo of my kiddos and use this as a gift for my aunt.
5. Adhere 1 circle in the top left corner and then two in the lower bottom corner.
6. Use sticky tape to attach the stitched felt embellishments to the lower left corner.
7. Add your photo(s).
8. Insert your page into the CD case. Use shiny, clear tape on the edges of the case to hold it closed.
Viola! An easy gift which uses recycled materials.
God Bless & Happy Stampin!