Here is my first project using a stamp set from the new Occasions Mini Catalog. I used her design and followed her tutorial for the most part, but I made some changes to the process. This card uses the Valentine Defined Set, which I just love. It made me think of my inlaws because for some inexplicable reason, my father-in-law likes those pink lawn flamingos and once bought some for my mother-in-law. So, I bought the set with plans to make an anniversary card for them. This project is inspired/CASEd from one by Michelle Zindorf. The changes I made to the process are as follows:
- I left my moon as the original Whisper White card stock.
- I used Daffodil Delight, So Saffron and Tangerine Tango to create my sunset sky. Applied in that order.
- As I applied my Daffodil Delight with my brayer, I went side to side rather than from the top and bottom. I just found it applied more evenly for me. When I added the So Saffron, I applied from the top and then the bottom.
- I did not use the brayer for the Tangerine Tango, I only sponged the Tangerine Tango into the desired areas. Again, I was having trouble getting the brayer to give me an even look. The transitions were coming out too abrupt.
- Since my moon would be white, I wanted a bit of a white reflection in my water. So, in the middle of the card, I added some Whisper White ink using a sponge. I started wide at the top of the water, working the sponge back and forth over my card stock and getting thinner as I got to the bottom.
Thanks to Michelle for her great tutorial and idea. It was really a perfect way to use these flamingos and I hope I did justice to the original!
God Bless and Happy Stampin’!